DeadEye Whitetail Deer Jerky
01. Cover the entire hind leg with water and add ½ cup of Kosher Salt and soak for 24 hours in the frig.
02. Wash off the salt after 24 hours.
03. Start off with the base ingredient called Jerky Cure & Seasoning that you can purchase at Bass Pro Shop. It comes in multiple flavors: Cajun, Original, Mesquite, Hickory, Cracked Pepper & Garlic, and Sweet & Spicy
04. This calls for 5 – 6 lbs. of meat which is about the size of an average de-boned back leg, cut into 1/4 – 3/8 inch wide pieces.
05. Add 1 tsp McCormick Garlic Powder
06. Add 2 tbsp Strawberry Tree Farms Hot & Spicy Classic Island Jerk (Purchase over the internet at : www.strawberrytreefarms.com )
07. Add 1 tbsp Don Enrique Pico De Gallo Hot
08. Add 1 tbsp McCormick Chipotle Chile Pepper
09. Add 1 tsp McCormick Hot Shot Black & Red Pepper
10. Add 1 tbsp McCormick Mediterranean Spiced Sea Salt
11. Add 4 tbsp Jerky Cure & Seasoning XXXXXXXX from above Cure
12. Add 3 tbsp Jerky Cure & Seasoning XXXXXXXX from above seasoning
13. Add 1 cup Dixie Crystals Light Brown Sugar
14. Mix all ingredients with meat strips and store covered in frig. for 24 hours
15. Place pieces of meat on a jerky rack in the center of the oven ( Gas oven works the best )
16. Put on 250 degrees and leave door open a little with a spatula to allow the moisture to escape
17. Leave in oven for 2 1/4 hours, remove from tray and store in rubber container in or out of frig. !!! Enjoy !!!
( Place a piece of foil in the bottom of the oven to catch any droppings )
Repeat steps 15 – 17 again & again until all meat is gone. This process will be repeated at least 3 times with 5-6 lbs. of meat.
( Dehydrator can be used but it takes about another 5 hours to complete first batch )